Welcome to SRBN, initiated and powered by SDEC.
The following statements explain the general terms of Sarawak Digital Economy Corporation Berhad (“SDEC”) regarding the collection and processing of your personal data by SDEC. SDEC is committed to the protection of your personal data and compliance of all applicable personal data protection laws and regulations in Malaysia.
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 regulates the processing of personal data by the data user in a commercial transaction and protects the interest of the data subject. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), SDEC(*Full company name and Sdn Bhd registration) is mindful and committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy.
Collection of Personal Information
In order for us to provide you with our Product and/or Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner, we may need to collect relevant personal information from you either manually or through our website. The personal information collected by us may be in the form of but is not limited to identity card, preferred name, identity/passport number, age, contact number, residential address, email address, birth date, gender, race, nationality, occupation, designation, bank account details, information of spouse/children such as name and birth date, information of your company such as name, registration number and address, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and such other data necessary for the purposes which the personal data is collected.
Purposes of Processing
SDEC processes your personal data only for specific and limited purposes.
You agree that all personal data collected and/or processed by SDEC may include but not be limited to the following purposes:
- To communicate with you;
- To inform you of our products and services;
- To respond to your queries;
- To send you promotional material;
- To administer customer relationship management procedures;
- To process applications for and the provision of SDEC’s Products and/or Services;
- To conduct research, study, assessment, survey and/or prepare reports/statistics for purpose of SDEC’s business activities;
- To facilitate payment in connection with the business or contractual dealings between SDEC and you and/or your company;
- for SDEC’s internal record keeping; and/or
- For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above including other lawful business activities of SDEC.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- SDEC may disclose your personal data to our affiliates or third parties that perform services on SDEC’s behalf and in doing so we will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards. (To include:
- regulatory bodies, government bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- any person to whom SDEC is compelled or required to do so under the law; and/or
- our shareholders)
Acceptance of The Policy
Withdrawal of Consent
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you may at any time withdraw your consent to SDEC processing any personal data of yours or to any part or portion of the same by sending to SDEC at the address set out below a written notice of withdrawal and within the period prescribed under the PDPA. SDEC shall take all necessary measures to give effect to your withdrawal of consent, to the extent that such withdrawal does not conflict with any of SDEC’s other legal obligations.
If you do not wish to have your personal data shared with any other party, or if you do not wish to be solicited for products or services offered by SDEC or any other parties including third parties, kindly inform us in writing at the communication information as given below.
You shall, upon written request, be granted access to all personal data held or stored or processed by SDEC. To avoid confusion, “access” for the purposes of this provision shall mean notification of such personal data of yours that is processed by or on behalf of SDEC and to have a copy of such personal data communicated or conveyed to you in an intelligible form of SDEC’s choosing.
Correction of Personal Data
You may at any time make a written request to SDEC to correct any personal data of yours that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out-of-date and v shall, upon receipt of your written request for correction(s), take all necessary measures to give effect to such correction(s).
Please direct any requests to withdraw consent or to request access and/or correction to any Personal Data as follows:
Head of Technology Services Department
SARAWAK DIGITAL ECONOMY CORPORATION BERHAD
Lot 3759 and 3760,
Jalan Sultan Tengah Rampangi,
93050 Kuching, Sarawak.
By publishing this policy in this website, we shall deem our customers and/or clients have already been notified.